E-karta ensures benefits for everyone involved in public passenger transportation:
- Purchasing tickets online, at ticket offices, ticket vending machines or directly on board using e-karta smartcard, mobile phone, credit card or cash;
- One smartcard can be used with several transport providers;
- Information on timetables, fares, delays, etc. is available online, at stops and on board the vehicles.
Accurate & Less Stressful Work for Drivers and Conductors
- Fewer delays due to fewer cash transactions
- Less cash on board – greater safety for the driver
- More accurate fare collection, fares depending on the length of the trip and ticket type, etc.
Higher Income for the Transport Provider and Reduced Operating Costs
- Electronic ticketing with coordinated fares reduces the possibility of irregularities and fraud;
- Fewer cash transactions reduce the delays of vehicles and increases personal safety of drivers and conductors;
- Enables optimization of operation based on automated electronic fare collection, fleet management and the monitoring of passenger numbers on individual lines and vehicles;
- By integration into other IT systems, better control is had over the operations of the entire company.
Impact on the Environment
- Optimised quantity of vehicles on individual lines and during different time periods, as well as paper work do not only result in reduced costs for the company, but also in a reduced impact on the environment.